Construction Project Cost Management
Project Cost Overview:
In this first half of session 4, project management experts, Ann Tomalavage, P.E., PMP, LEED AP, and Frank Walker, P.Eng., PMP, explain how PM software tools handle resources and cost estimating. In addition, they will compare traditional cost estimating with schedule templates. They will also show participants how to use the total float to resource level and cash flow level.
After successful completion of this session students should gain an understanding of:
- How PM Software Tools handle resource / cost estimating
- Traditional cost estimating vs. Schedule templates
- How to use Total Float to resource and cash flow level
- The importance of checking your logic before you level
- How PM Software is used in Defense, Offense and Marketing
- How many companies are producing “free” cost estimates from their schedules.
- The importance of saving your baseline after you resource level
- The benefits of the above approaches