Earned Value Management Theory & More.
EVM & SPI Overview:
In the fifth session of the course, project management experts, Ann Tomalavage, P.E., PMP, LEED AP, and Frank Walker, P.Eng., PMP, discuss the theory of updating schedules and Earned Value, specifically, how to update and control, time, cost and resources. In addition, they talk about the magic of earned value, “managing by exception” just what goes wrong and diminishing returns. They also share key facts about schedule impacts, Schedule Performance Index (SPI) and Cost Performance Index (CPI) and the increasing use of CPM in defense, offense, negotiation and marketing.
After successful completion of this session students should gain an understanding of:
- How to update & control time, resources, cost, etc.
- The magic of Earned Value Management Theory (EVM), Schedule Performance Index (SPI). How to “Manage by Exception” just what’s important.
- Diminishing returns – What’s easy and what’s not
- Stay on schedule – stay on budget
- Schedule Impacts. Do SPI before CPI
- Saving Target Schedules if you are impacted
- Schedule related claims – Defense, Offense, Negotiation
- CPM in Marketing
- The benefits of the above