Updating Schedules – Microsoft Project Course
In the sixth session of the course, project management experts, Ann Tomalavage, P.E., PMP, LEED AP, and Frank Walker, P.Eng., PMP, continue the discussion on the updating of schedules. However, this time, our experts will drill down and get very hands-on in the software tools. In session five we explored the theory, but session six gets very practical.
Please note, in this session we talk primarily about Microsoft Project, but keep in mind that most of this information also applies to Primavera and other project management software.
After successful completion of this session participants should gain an understanding of:
- How to update and control their schedules for time, resources and cost, relative to the project status date.
- The importance of an Updating Checklist.
- Utilizing the schedule performance index (SPI) and using filters to manage by exception just what is going wrong.
- The power of the Turnaround Document.
- Diminishing returns – What’s easy and what’s not. Why you should use the schedule performance index first and then the cost performance index.
- Adding specific activities for schedule impacts and saving baseline and target schedules.
- Analyzing the schedule, proving impact, what to look for as an owner